Friday 29 July 2011

Challenging Views!

This week I have experienced a range of emotions....from the, "I can do this!" to the, "I can't do this!" I have been juggling caring for 4 children, including 1 who has been sick on my own (my husband is away), work, house work, extended family commitments, life and trying to find time to study! Arrrgh!!!!


My thoughts.....
After completing some of the Topic 2 readings regarding the role of the TL I have discovered that my view of the TL role is very different to the direction of the TL role in the 21st Century. I am not going to attempt to justify or explain my view, it is what it is, (or what it was!).
I have had 9 weeks work in my K - 6 library in the TL role. From my experience and observations of the permanent TL, put very simply, I observed and experienced that the main role of the TL was to read a story to the students and to check out/check in books. Of course deep down, I knew that there was obviously more to the role than just the above, however I had no idea that the TL role was so extensive, challenging and capable of initiating such deep thought and reflection. I can see that my learning curve ahead is going to be very steep and so again I remind myself that there is no right or wrong starting point and we all have our own learning journeys to travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment